Watching Television

Guest spikeychris

Guest spikeychris

Something that has been bothering me for a while. Has anyone noticed that if you watch tele and there is text on the left side of the screen part of the text is missing ie: "live from" will read "ive from" (the L is missing)

Same applies sometimes when two presenters are on screen at the same time, part of the left presenters head can be missing (left side)

Thought..I know I'll buy a widescreen TV..I did and its still happening. I have tried all formats on the tele including the 16:9 ratio.

This happens on all channels with NTL digital as well as terrestrial.

Will ask at work on Monday but is there anyone with the answer???

Chris

Guest spikeychris

"NTL digital with 32" wide screen" same as me. Check though when you watching the news, look left at the captions and you will see part missing....well I do.

how is your tele linked to your digital box?

I have mine linked via scart to my sky box and AUTO SWITCHING is turned on. This makes my tele switch automatically between 16:9 and 4:3 where appropriate. I have no problems on my new 28" widescreen or my old 21" tele....

spikeychris, to get back to the topic, have you tried changing the video output mode to RGB instead of PAL, this is under SERVICES>PICTURE SETTINGS?

RGB gives a better quality picture and also slightly shifts things on my tele to the right!!

assuming you have sky TV, press the services button, number 4 (system setup), no 1 (picture settings) and scroll down to video output, use left arrow to change to rgb and goto save new settings and press select. Exit to sky and see what happens!