Want To Buy An X-box?

Guest LB

More than a million pounds' worth of mobile phones and games consoles were nicked from a lorry parked outside a Carphone Warehouse store near Birmingham early on Monday morning.

Thieves got away with more than 7,000 Nokia mobile phones - including 6310is, 5100s and 3410s - with a trade value £781,000 ($1.25 million).

Also among the haul was more than 1000 Xbox consoles worth around £130,000 ($208,330).

A Nokia spokesman told us: "A vehicle belonging to a secure delivery company was robbed on the morning of the 11 August while on route to the Carphone Warehouse.

"We can confirm that there were goods belonging to Nokia and other companies on this vehicle. While police continue with their inquiries we cannot give any further details at this stage," he said.

Police have confirmed that all the phones have been disabled and warned anyone offered a cheap mobile to be on their guard.

Officers are currently investigating the crime and have urged anyone with any information to come forward.

DI Carl Southwick from West Bromwich police said: "Police want to trace a white man aged in his early 30s, 5' 8'' with blond hair, clean shaven and with a beer belly, wearing a light grey hooded top - he was seen near to the lorry when it was stolen."

A "substantial" reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible

"Police want to trace a white man aged in his early 30s, 5' 8'' with blond hair, clean shaven and with a beer belly, wearing a light grey hooded top"

Gives me a cast iron alibi on 4 counts then ! - age, height, hair, beard :rolleyes:

Somebody I knew got murdered for his van in Chingford last week , This is why we should bring back hanging..............!

Bastards.....!

I used to be in favour of hanging too, but there is always too much of a chance of a miscarriage of justice. At least if new evidence eventually comes to light as it has on several occasions lately, then it's not too late to release the person concerned, and pay compensation. Just remember that Tony Martin would have hung, and practically everyone in the country believes that he did not commit murder, but justifiable homicide. The other penalties mentioned are also a result of a rush of blood to the head. By all means let's make prison much more uncomfortable, and lets make sentences realistic for the crime, but PLEASE let us always leave room for justice to be done if later evidence proves someones innocence. Another attempt at murder has just been committed in stealing a car, (it was on this mornings news). So by all means if the person is caught let them get a VERY long sentence, but always remember that we are NOT infallible, and if we hang someone who is later proved innocent, then society has committed murder. Do you really want that??? Would you want to take a chance on an innocent relative of yours being hung?

What about the beer belly bit though Boris! does that fit? :lol:  :lol:

popeye,

Look at my members photo and the answer would seem to be obvious ? :P

Boris, aren't you on a rather crappy TV programme, the name of which eludes me at the moment?

Boris. Your members photo made me really chuckle and I'll take back what I said

which one is boris , or should that be doris.....?

Boris, aren't you on a rather crappy TV programme, the name of which eludes me at the moment?

I'm the crappy andsome one in the middle !