Misbehaving Mouse

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

Last night, all of a sudden, my mouse pointer kept leaping up to the right hand corner of my browser. :( I can live with it but it is annoying if I go to click something and it has gone again. Any ideas on what could be causing this??

I did a virus scan last night by the way because that was my first thought too!!

Oh, and I was alright until I popped over to PCA for a quick looksee... that is when the problem started.

Guest Nellie2

I have a Microsoft optical mouse...it has a tail.... it isn't a infrared one..... um I haven't loaded the software so I suppose it must be running on generic drivers.

It has only done it once so far tonight.... last night it was dancing all over the place

Guest Nellie2

Yes it is plugged in nice and tight and it has had a good wipe. I don't have a spare, I will get one though. I think you might be right, it may be just a bit long in the tooth. It is behaving itself at the moment.

I know this is going to sound like major paranoia but this only started happening when I visited you know where yesterday.... and the way the pages load just messed the mouse up.... did it again today too!!!

Nellie, it is possible that you have had a program called 'crazy mouse' downloaded on you. Some idiots think that this is funny. Try START/SEARCH and type crazy mouse, ensure that the search is set for the main hard drive. If a file for crazy mouse comes up then delete it.

Guest Nellie2

I don't think so andsome... there is only me that uses my PC... but thanks for the suggestion. I am at work at the minute but will do a search when I get home in case it snuck in without me realising!! ;)

I don't think so andsome... there is only me that uses my PC... but thanks for the suggestion.  I am at work at the minute but will do a search when I get home in case it snuck in without me realising!!  ;)

There is only me using my computer, but nevertheless, I found it one day when my computer started playing up. It's always worth a look.