Browser connection issues

angmar

Hello, I have been an avid firefox user for quite some time but it recently updated and stopped working for me... The problem seems to be it tries to connect to a broadband connection when that's not the kind my computer runs off of. Even the broadband is not the default it still insists on doing this. I have tried downloading several other browsers such as Opera, Safari, K-Meleon and have had the same problem with all of them. It is maddening because I have to use internet explorer which is slow, buggy, prone to popups, has less features and is simply an irritating browser for me. So what could be causing these problems, how can I fix them?

IE is not actually that slow since most of it loads when windows starts but i can see why you might want to use firefox since it is A LOT safe (and funner) than IE (i'm using it right now in fact) well any try what Seshomaru Samma said and if not try disabling all the connections you don't use. Got to Control Panel>Internet Connections and right click and disable the ones you don't use. You can also do this on the BIOS but that might be taking it too far