Wireless surround sound TV speaker kit

Having recently bought a new Panasonic DVD hard drive recorder and a Panasonic LCD TV, I am interested in surround sound. I am after a WIRELESS surround sound system which won't break the bank or look too much in your face. Any ideas please? Our ears are not Hi Fi these days, so I am not looking to spend hundreds of pounds. A sub woofer and five speakers is what I am after. :D

Seems these things aren't as popular as you hoped, andsome - 30 views, no constructive responses.

From my point of view, I wouldn't give wireless anything a second look now. Having tried wireless Internet and getting very frustrated with constant dropouts, slow speeds and various other irritations, I gave up with that. I've looked at wireless printers and then couldn't see the point.

Remember that, like wireless printers and other "active" devices, these speakers will need a power source so, you will either have to have them plugged into the mains (with wires - thus losing the advantage of being wireless) or have a feed system for replacement batteries (batteries won't last very long on a multi-watt sound system).

Seems these things aren't as popular as you hoped, andsome - 30 views, no constructive responses.

From my point of view, I wouldn't give wireless anything a second look now. Having tried wireless Internet and getting very frustrated with constant dropouts, slow speeds and various other irritations, I gave up with that. I've looked at wireless printers and then couldn't see the point.

Remember that, like wireless printers and other "active" devices, these speakers will need a power source so, you will either have to have them plugged into the mains (with wires - thus losing the advantage of being wireless) or have a feed system for replacement batteries (batteries won't last very long on a multi-watt sound system).

Probably wise words. As televisions go the sound on this new one is probably among the better ones. I think I'll leave it at that. THANKS. :D

If you can fit a sub woofer to the system you already have it makes a big difference to watching films

I could probably do that. I could stand a smallish one alongside the set. I will look around. I wonder though whether with a sub woofer plugged into the back, would the normal speakers be muted? :D

I'm all for 5.1 (or more) sound - it's the wireless aspect which I feel will let you down.

I would love to go for 5.1, but just do not want the wires everywhere. Never mind though, point taken about the potential problems with wireless. :D

• 1 year later...