System Tray Cleaner

System Tray Cleaner version 2 - from the makers of DriverMax.

System Tray Cleaner is a simple tool which helps you quickly and easily remove unwanted items from your Windows system tray. The Windows system tray, also called the SysTray, is the lower-right corner of your screen, near the clock display, where Windows dumps some programs, most of the time programs which load during Windows startup.

System Tray Cleaner will list all your system tray icon and identify which programs they belong to. Then, you can choose whether you wish to stop a certain program, remove it from startup (so it doesn't start automatically every time you turn on your computer) or simply uninstall it.

Benefits:

• get rid of the clutter in your system tray
  • quickly identify what each system tray icon does
  • speed up your computer's start time
  • easily remove programs from your startup
  • don't start unnecessary programs
  • speed up your computer by freeing your memory and CPU
  • 100% FREE tool!

To the best of our knowledge, System Tray Cleaner is the best tool for keeping your system tray clean, because it's the only tool which shows you what each icon means. This is often very hard to find out using other tools.

System Tray Cleaner works on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP.

http://www.system-tray-cleaner.com/

I tried it, out of curiosity (I have no systray icons that I don't use).

The initial scan took more than 30 minutes, then it showed all my systray icons, status (hidden or visible), all details behind the icon, and the option to end the task, uninstall, or remove from startup.

Right-click on what - the system tray?

You can customize some individual systray tasks, but far from all.

But anyway, there is no option in this System Tray Cleaner to just not show the icon, but let the task continue. You can only terminate the task, prevent it from starting at Windows startup, or uninstall it completely.

What happens if you click on the little

That is what I need to do to see them and activate them. I still can't see why they should need to be removed from behind there. I use Startup Advisor to decide what to run at start up. :D

What happens if you click on the little < ?

That is what I need to do to see them and activate them. I still can't see why they should need to be removed from behind there. I use Startup Advisor to decide what to run at start up. :D

I'm on vista but I'm sure XP has similar options? (I haven't used XP for a few months and have forgotten the layout)

3324i2o.jpg

If you have the same options as me have you tried unticking the option 'Hide inactive icons' and customizing them?

• 4 months later...