Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cjr42009

Where do you go for good game reviews?

I am going to move into unfamiliar territory and aquire an X-box 360 pretty soon.

I also want some good games to go with it...

To find good games I need good reviews. Sadly its my impression that most of the gaming sites on the internet are rather crap when it comes to reviews.

Mostly they consist of a feature list and praise. I want reviews that actually offers insight and critique.

Does any of you know of any good independent reviewers (sites or blogs)

I dunno if your from GB, but...

The most impartial reviews I've seen have been on teletext. Gamecentral don't pull any punches in their reviews, if a game sucks, they say it sucks.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the addy for previous reviews they have done, I can't seem to find it on their site either.

I've contacted the teletext webmaster to see if they can give me the addy for previous reviews, but I'm not holding my breath, they're usually rubbish at responding to emails I've sent in the past. :unsure:

If they get back to me, I'll post it up here.

I go to google, works every time. Though I still have a problem with buying games even though the reviews were not so stellar, if there is enough hype it gets through. Dawn of War 2 I am looking at you, just because your single player game is not long enough do not remove the save option!.

I use http://www.metacritic.com/games/ its good because it get scores from other sources

How We Calculate Our Scores: The Short Summary

Each movie, game, book and album featured on metacritic.com is assigned a METASCOREĀ®, which is a weighted average of all of the scores assigned by individual critics to that movie, game, book or album.

I usually watch game reviews from RadBrad on Youtube. He is really popular in video game walkthrough world. So if i want to check out new games, i can just look at his videos for gameplay reviews.

It seldom finds its own way back from front or even a spare pare of lilac nibbleres,

Granted the call for more is seldom less and if it ever if it were would we sufficient get up and go to find out have or give away grasitttis?