Ubuntu

Hey,

I want to install ubuntu on my pc as a dual boot with windows. I'm fine with installing it, however when loading the live cd I am unable to see anything on the screen. I presume this is to do with the graphics adapter (which is ati radeon hd 2400 pro). Anyone have any ideas/advice?

Thanks

I find it very strange that you get nothing on the screen.

When you put the live CD in do you get text appearing on the screen, or nothing?.

If there is nothing it sounds like your live CD is shafted.

Also which version of Ubuntu are you using if it is 8.10, try going back to 8.04 and give that a try., as the problems with your graphics card were solved back in version7.

What happens is the live cd boots, i chose language and then select try without making any changes. Loads a little, then a blinking underscore shows in the top left corner for a few seconds. After that my monitor says out of range. It logs in and plays the login sound too.

I am using version 8.10 and it is an official cd which has worked on other machines.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try 9.04, if that doesn't work with LiveCD, try Text-Based installer.

If it still doesn't work, try with Text Based installer or maybe even 'Install Ubuntu'.

If you are still unable to get it to work, then I will reconfigure Ubuntu to include the driver for your GFX card.

Before I do this, perhaps try Super Ubuntu, since they've included a lot of codecs, perhaps they included extra GFX drivers as well.

Tell us how it goes,

Panarchy

PS: I might forget to check this topic, so send me a PM back to this topic once you need me to do something more, or if it is solved.