Vista -> 7 connect

Gordon

Hello,

I am just curious if anyone has connected Windows Vista and Windows 7 into a network. I mean I tried myself several times but it never worked. Vista never recognized that the cable was actually connected W7 would have worked well I am sure about that.

It is strange. Vista -> 7 is the only combination which I didnt manage to connect any other work fine and fairly easy

I have played a lot with setting. As I said any other 2 systems I somehow got to working in network after a while, I believe even XP -> Ubuntu once.

But never Vista -> W7

About the Beta software. Problem was apparently on Vista´s site (which was not Beta) W7 was just fine when tried to connect :lol:

• 1 month later...
Maybe Beta programs cannot be networked. :D

And thats for sure :rolleyes:

They can.

But it would probably require the settings to be altered on the Windows 7 computer rather than the Vista PC.

When you plug the cable in to Windows 7, does it detect what type of cable it is?

If it does, then try looking at device manager to see if there is a problem there.