Preventing access to Wireless

Excess

Ok this is going to sound weird, but bear with me. I live in a house with my father, his partner, and my sister. I've despised this woman my dad has been seeing, for many years now, and not just because she isn't my mother, I don't particularly care that my mum and dad are seperated, the fact is this woman is a complete bitch, and my sister would agree. Anyway.... we have a wireless network set up, my dad, sister and I are connected to it. The other woman had her own seperate pre-paid connection, at least she did until recently. For some reason she has been connected to our network for some time now, and since it's happened our net connection has been slow, and having constant disconnections. I found out she was connected by looking at our wireless modem, it shows what users are connected. What i want to do, is block this user's laptop from accessing the network without her knowing, but keep the other users connected fine. It's no big deal, she will just use her old connection again, I even have some suspiscion that she's done something to the connection to make it weak on purpose because she knows I use the internet a lot. Trust me, she's done similar things in the past. But I don't have any knowledge on networking, and I'm not very good with computer stuff in general, so if anyone could help me out with this somehow it would be really awesome. Thanks.

The easiest thing to do would be to change the passwords required for access to the network and not let this person know the new code. Or have I misunderstood?

It would be better if she just had no access to the network at all from her pc, If i change the password for it they will eventually know I did it. If I could somehow block it from letting her pc on the network specifically would be better. A few things to note; I can get access to her laptop, she leaves it unattended sometimes when she goes out, also can easily get access to the other 2 pcs connected to the network. So maybe if I could block her from the modem or something, so she wouldn't know what's going on, that would be best :).

If you are able to access all the PC's - why not just change the password on all but the one you want blocked. It is unlikely that anyone will notice that a new password has been applied. I doubt that she has been able to

However - if you do manage to block access - she will probably put you top of the list of suspects and you will have to accept the consequences of that. If you cripple her laptop - you may well find that your Dad simply allows her to use his computer. Whoever pays for the broadband connection is theoretically able to choose who uses it - if you pay for it, then make it clear who can use it and set it up accordingly. If your dad pays for it - tough luck - it's his call.

I fear that this is a battle you are unlikely to win

• 2 weeks later...