No sound on the internet

ASAP

Hi.

I have no sound on the internet when trying to listen to music on sites like YouTube, Metacafe, Google Video etc. Also no sound when playing online multiplayer games.

I did this: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-22335-n...internet#p43694 earlier, also i did the "Adobe Flash wavemapper trick" (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/15/adobe-flash-no-sound-wavemapper-trick/) and even downloaded and installed K-Lite Codec Pack 5.1.2.

None on the above worked.. any help please ?

Has the sound ever worked? If it has, try doing a System Restore to a time when it did work.

If it hasn't, can you tell us a little about the system you are using, particularly operating system, sound card and anything else associated with sound.

I assume that other sound souces are working OK, e.g. you can play CDs & DVDs but it's only with the internet that you have problems.

Have you checked all the advanced sound settings & that none are not turned off or muted - access the settings through control panel > Sound, Speech and Audio devices. You will have to experiment with different settings, but mainly make sure that everything is turned ON as diferent media sources use different sound applications.

Also have you checked Device Manager to see if there are any hardware problems?

You might also find this thread helpful from another forum: HERE. Scroll down a bit to find the solutions that worked.

^ nah, that link was no good. Yep, sound works just fine but there's absolutely no sound coming from the speakers when i'm trying to listen to some music on the internet.

Device manager shows that everything is okay. Going to try that advanced sound settings thing later today.

Thanks.

What is your Opera using to manage the sound? And will your Opera display videos on Youtube properly? It's just sound that doesn't work?

I have Opera and XP Pro and I just tried it to see if it may be client-related and it's not so it must be one of your components - for Device Manager to say something is working correctly still isn't exactly very accurate - and it's mainly for troubleshooting drivers/devices.

You are probably missing something that your browser should have. I'd try and totally uninstall Opera, download the installer from their website and try again.

Go to Youtube to start off with and see if they show errors saying you need this and that, download what you need, restart Opera and see how it goes.