Flash uninstall itself every week and refuse to install without troubl

Kloppstock

About once a week flash uninstall/dissapear in Mozilla for me, for now crystal clear reason at all, i dont have to do anything myself, it looks completley random when it will

the problem is that its moore or less impossible to reinstall it and understand how you succeded after every 1 hour it steals from you every time you are forced to try

Reinstalling appears to work as usual, in the window "adds" adobe have appearred after installing 100 % complete in the current mozilla windows, but its when it ask to close down and restart mozilla for the changes to take effect..and you thumb up that offer, you will then see that adobe will be gone again from "adds" list in the fresh mozilla window

wery odd, there is this manual script flash installer allso you can download..i know, unfortentley it doesnt emedietley seem to help to use it standalone

but the installer can succed in some kind of combination between using it and the internet auto installation, and that only work in 1 correct way..not the obvious way

..that way that is completley impossible to identify cause that demands doing 20 installations exactley the same way over and over again in my book

thats why i need a solution to understand why it keeps uninstall itself and why it refuse to keep the "add" even thou the installation just have completedwith no error reporting whatsoever

otherwise im being forced to go back to internet explorer, which im not to happy about

i have some screenshots allso revealing certain things, but i whait with that untill you demand them

Mozilla 3.5.3

post-11598-1253447131_thumb.jpg

post-11598-1253447148_thumb.jpg

There were problems with Adobe Flash and Firefox last year. Here's what I would do:

1 Completely uninstall Adobe Flash using Adobe's special tool: UNINSTALL FLASH.

2 Check for the latest version of FF and update if necessary.

3 Download a completely new version of Adobe Flash for Firefox.

Please post back the results.

Here is a link to some blog giving a warning of Firefox Addon Adobe Flash Player 02 if this helps at all:

Bloggism - Beware of Firefox Add-On Adobe Flash Player 02

As for your question though; if Dencandy's idea fails, you could always consider finding some alternatives?

I know there are some like Gnash and Flirt:

Gnash

Flirt

...but with alternatives like this, they usually won't play all SWF files on newer versions of Flash. Adobe are now at 9, Gnash is comfortably compatible with version 7 but not 8 or 9.

or, you could try downloading the plugin from other sources like FileHippo or the Firefox plugin website.

FileHippo - Firefox Flash Plugin

Mozilla Addons - Flash Plugins (seperate)

Another thing: Would trying out the Adobe Shockwave Player plugin be a decent enough alternative too? I'm using Flock and though it is not Firefox, it is still based on Firefox 3 - I don't have the Flash player plugin installed on it but I do have the Shockwave player plugin installed and have never had a problem - but that may be due to the nature of the browser being media intended.

There were problems with Adobe Flash and Firefox last year. Here's what I would do:

I will test above next time flash decides to dissapear throu youtube

the interesting thing is that right now in mozilla "adds" i there is no flash at all, but still it can work

for some odd reason!

but its allso the sign that this will only work for about 1 week,

and opposite i have seen that when "mozilla" appears in "adds" after the installation, that is the sign that it will never work for youtube,

so its really switched bizzaro world

Here is a link to some blog giving a warning of Firefox Addon Adobe Flash Player 02 if this helps at all:

Bloggism - Beware of Firefox Add-On Adobe Flash Player 02

I only use the official website for the installation as far as i know

but im gonna thinka about the url next time its time to install

i dont know mutch about other flash alternatives, i prefer to use the primary stuff

• 3 weeks later...

It was time to disable it again apperentley, with same pattern as allways, just watch enough youtube videos in row, in combination with klicking empty items in "disc cleaner" :)

I have now done as you instructed, and after 3. the plugin is in the "adds" list,

but its just that youtube isnt working, and will not start working either as long as i try to push youtube to it, i can restart the computer how many times emidietly after flash reinstallatation and hope that does the trick, it will not, however it will do just that :) in some major hours from NOW ON, alternate in tommorow when i least expect it (You're elected. You're the star today. Smile! You're on Candid Camera. With a hocus-pocus, You're in focus. It's your lucky day..cough..sorry the hated song just grabbed me there)

where was i...yes! i will never understand why this youtube message will go away only as long as i have taken some kind pf break after the reinstallation, i dont accept that it can dissapear when it want and come back when it want , but still i think that this youtube disable message would never dissapear if i didnt do this reinstallations

it acts like "ITS ALIVE!" just to torment Kloppstock

and im the only one with Firefox who have this obviolsy

or, you could try downloading the plugin from other sources like FileHippo or the Firefox plugin website.

FileHippo - Firefox Flash Plugin

Mozilla Addons - Flash Plugins (seperate)

Can the script installation accually fully replace the auto install at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ ?

otherwise i would suspect thats onlt one step?

in any case i hav now tested to start insall ther script, then allso ontop of that go throu the http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ installation

I dont like that this forum doesnt allow you to edit your message moore than in 15? poor minutes!!!!!!!!!!! i generally need atleast 30 minutes of editing for every post i make for crying out loud (even if its only 1 half row of text only? :D) i still see new spelling errors lower down now that my adhd brain hade not spotted earlier, that becomes everyones loss now when its to late :) cause thoose 15 minutes now i need for adding new content over and over again just ;)

Try giving up with the Flash plugin and try and rely on the Shockwave Flash and Quicktime Plugin - both should be installed for you if you're using Firefox.

I don't use the Adobe Flash Player plugin and everything is okay for me on Youtube :P

Are you also using the newest Firefox update?

Try giving up with the Flash plugin and try and rely on the Shockwave Flash and Quicktime Plugin - both should be installed for you if you're using Firefox.

I don't use the Adobe Flash Player plugin and everything is okay for me on Youtube :P

Are you also using the newest Firefox update?

I hope that combination will keep opening youtube videos in youtube and not in quick time? and i get suspicios now

cause the version that firefox-plugin webpage are hosting is simply is quick time 7 standard, thats not the version i want is it?

shockwave i have installed thou

Quicktime plugin is used for Quicktime internet player files.

Basically, the Shockwave plugin should work.

Basically? why are thei 2 different applications? :)

gonna have to check next time flash dissapears, now i have both installed, i do bleive that youtube

will demand flash thou, will see

Or why not just use Internet Explorer for viewing YouTube? I'm told that the Opera browser also works fine with YouTube.
Yes i have thaut about it, it feels a bit energy demanding to switch :) you wanna get in there fast and fast out to other junk as soon as possible, robotwalk

anyhow i have concluded now that for flash to ever work in my mozilla, flash should NOT be found inside "adds" if it is, i must uninstall it from there, in combination if i have the "install_flash_player_10" installed in "add remove/programs" allso, THEN it can work first, but to only go for the "install_flash_player_10" way doesnt work either lol, i need to make a double install with this 2 methods, then remove it from "adds" in a mozilla window

that all make sense isnt it! :flowers:

When you write 'Mozilla', do you mean Firefox?

And, do you have Flash Player permanently installed on Mozilla/Firefox, or is it still a problem?

There are similar topics around at the Flash Player forum; perhaps you could have a look over there?

Firefox, i thaut you could use Mozilla just as another word

right now i have it installed yes, for a week it will hold i think

yes good idea,didnt know thei hade any forum