Wireless Hijacked

alocktbn

Hi guys..

i want to ask about my wireless connection.

question1: is there any software that can detect anyone using my wireless??

i just need it so i can watch over for anyone who try to get a free internet connection from my wifi.

question2: what is the best option for me to secure my wireless from being used by other person that i don't know? eg:my neighbor??

thanks guys............. i put my hope with you all :unsure:

On my router you can hide the wireless signal so it can't be seen by others, I think you would have to change your WPA or WEP encryption and your user name and password if your neighbour has been using it though, Boris will know about that

Are you using WPA ?

i'm using WEP. Is that secure?

there are 4 of us that using the wireless connection. but when i look at the DHCP client list, there are one unidentified client. with no Host name, MAC address --> 00:AB:00:00:00:00, IP 192.168.0.12

is it mean there are other people connected to our wireless?

Are you using WPA ?

i'm using WEP. Is that secure?

there are 4 of us that using the wireless connection. but when i look at the DHCP client list, there are one unidentified client. with no Host name, MAC address --> xxxxxxxxIP xxx.xxx.x.x

is it mean there are other people connected to our wireless?

Probably. But you may not wish to post that stuff on the internet. Another thing, if someone is using your router to use the internet, do you know how easy it is for them to also be looking at folders on your computer and possibly threatening your PC's health? Just a bit of a warning. Not trying to scare you. :P

I'd also suggest limiting by Mac addresses.

If you don't know how to do this, post the type of router you have and someone may be able to explain how to do this.

there are 4 of us that using the wireless connection. but when i look at the DHCP client list, there are one unidentified client. with no Host name, MAC address --> xxxxxxxxIP xxx.xxx.x.x

Probably. But you may not wish to post that stuff on the internet.

that IP address and MAC address belong to the unidentified person. can it be used to damage my pc?

i don't understand how the IP address actually work..

• 1 month later...

Probably. But you may not wish to post that stuff on the internet.

that IP address and MAC address belong to the unidentified person. can it be used to damage my pc?

i don't understand how the IP address actually work..

A WEP key can be hacked in minutes. WPA V1 has also been compromised.....but the hacking it is relatively new. WPA V2 has not been compromised and is the most secure.

If you are using WEP, that's the first thing that should change.