CoreFoundation.dll not found; what program to be reinstalled?

xuesheng

The last couple of times I rebooted the computer, the following error message appeared when Windows opened:

title of message box: "AppleSyncNotifier.exe unable to locate component"

content of message: "This application has failed to start because CoreFoundation.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Indeed, yesterday I did delete an Apple program which had the word 'mobile' in its title; I thought it meant 'mobile' (i.e. 'cell') phone, which I don't connect to my computer, so I thought it was not needed. But maybe it meant something else and is needed.

But what is the program to be re-installed?

Use Startup Inspector to check and remove what's left in the Windows startup from that uninstalled application.

I used Startup Inspector to remove a bunch of programs from the Startup routine, and my Windows seems to boot considerably faster now.

I no longer get the Apple related error message, but I think that's because (before I installed Startup Inspector) I uninstalled all the Apple related programs from Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, particularly iTunes. I don't use iPod.

However, there's another very annoying error message that keeps popping up, in a small window titled simply 'Msg', in which the message says something like 'The update has not be (sic) found'. Evidently the writer of that is not a native speaker of English. Someone suggested that the language deficiency suggests it's malware, but I'm not sure of that. I use Trend Micro Internet Security, said to be very reliable, and I've run full scan with it, but it has not identified this error message as malware. I just don't know what to think about this.

Can you post a screen shot of that Msg window?

Also, can you start Task Manager, then see what process disappears when you close that Msg window?

I'll try to send a PDF of the screen shot I made using the PrtScn button and Windows Paint. The Msg window popped up during the uninstall-install process of upgrading my Trend-Micro anti-virus program by an internet download.

Being busy with the a-v upgrade, I forgot to open Task Manager when the Msg window appeared this time; I'll try to remember to do that if and when it reappears.

No_update_has_be_found.pdf

IMHO I think that it is a Gigabyte product on your machine (probably the motherboard) attempting to update drivers for itself automatically ?

Yes, I do have a Gigabyte motherboard, and last week I installed a package of utilities from the CD that came with the motherboard. The suite of programs does include a so-called 'Update Manager', which has an executable file called 'UpdateSettingDig.exe', which apparently allows me to configure options for 1) updating at a regular time interval, 2) updating at bootup, and 3) not updating. So I'll first choose the no updates option, and see if the messages, which I thought were an error but apparently are not, stop appearing.

Beyond that, there's the question whether this program could bring some benefit, if allowed to run. I'm not quite sure what is being updated. Is it some driver or drivers for the motherboard itself?

Other programs in the suite include onces called Energy Saver, BIOS upgrade, Q-Share (whatever that does), Easy Tuner, and Face Wizard. I'm a bit wary of trying them, because I have no technical understanding of BIOS, for example, or of what might be involved in tuning the functions of various things in the m/board.

There are loads of these free utilities you can get from Gigabyte :)

See http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...ility_List.aspx

The blue "more" hyperlinks will tell you what they do.

Whether you use them or not is up to you ..... but the old adage always was "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

• 1 year later...