My Website, Early Stages...

Chris

Before you click on the link that you will come across in this message i would just like to say that you will probably notice that the "site" seems unfinished. Well that is because it is...

There maybe spelling errors, and a few unfinished pages but the point of posting this was just to get initial thoughts...

I've gone for a simple layout (i'm just learing this webpage buisness) so don't expect to much but I think the simplicity of it works in its favour...

My Webpage

Some of you may notice the URL as in madboy33™ webspace. Yes he is hosting it for me! Thank you Very Much Tony...

The actual name of the site i have not decided yet but if you look closely you'll see one idea of a name i've had.

Also there is mean't to be a banner at the top but i removed...There will be one there eventually.

Anyway i'll let it speak for itself now...Tell me what you think!

Initial Thoughts

Oh and the homepage...I know it needs improving!

Guest Nellie2

Its a good start Powerless........... Im going to have a proper look tomorrow when I have some time to really go through it and think about it and then hopefully I will be able to give you some feedback!!

Glad to se you've gone down the plain white background route!!!

A nice informative site, should be a good read when it's finished.

SimplyXP.com is a pretty good name aswell, I know you said it's not finished yet, but, are you aware that your FAQ points back to the homepage? I don't reallly think you need an FAQ anyway, the homepage pretty much explains everything you need to know about how the site works.

What's the Banner going to be like? Are you going to stick with the XP colour scheme for it?

Overall it's a nice site, i'll look forward to reading it more indepth once it's completed.

You could even maybe think about using Java for the 'News' section so that any updates happen without much daily input from your self?

Cheerz

Damo

A really excellent start, uncomplicated and uncluttered. My only criticism is that at least one page opens up too large to see without scrolling across.(The virus page) A lot of folk don't want to increase the resolution, because it makes the print too small. I have put it into favourites, so that I can have an occasional look.

Guest Nellie2

I have had a good look and it is crisp and simple. Simplicity is good I think.

Three little things........... do you have to ask questions?? What's this page about sounds a bit.................. <_< or is it just me anyone???

I love the screen shots but there is no back link.... I know you can use the back button on your browser but some visitors might be a bit blonde and not realise this!! :)

Also the screenshots are just a bit too big... but it is going to be a good site and I love the name!!

I'm *ahem* building, creating the site on a monitor with a resolution of 1024X768.

The images when clicked should open a new IE window where the page should load. IE should auto size the pic to fit the IE window. Only when you click the expand button on the bottom right, should the pic be bigger!

I could make all imgaes open in the same IE window? So you have the back button.

THe question idea i had seen on another site, and thought hmmm why dont I do that?

Andsome which page is that?

Guest Nellie2

Well my resolution is 1024X768.

Trouble is that not everyone uses IE. I use slimbrowser mainly which is based on IE but when I click on the images they don't open in a new window and they are slightly too big for the page.

I don't have any other browsers on my system at the mo so I don't know how the site would act in Opera or Mozzilla. These are both popular browsers though and perhaps you should consider how your site would act in either of those too.