Cannot access certain websites help

neonfree

This is a very strange problem that I just cannot seem to figure out. Started out I couldnt get a webpage that I went to everyday to load up properly, I figured maybe the site was having issues. Its not having issues though, after posting on forums asking if the site was down, others say no, works fine for all of us. Hmmm. So, i tried loading these troublesome websites on 4 different computers, no luck. Tried 4 different routers, at two different locations, with two different static ip addresses. Didnt work, still showed the website with mostly text all on left side. But yet called my isp, they accessed the websites just fine, on the same line im on. How is this possible.

So I start uninstalling stuff, after checking firewall, ran all scans, registry checker, you name it. Uninstalled Internet explorer 8, then reinstalled it, didnt work, so I downloaded Firefox, still no luck. Then I took out Java completely, big mistake, but found another problem, now i cannot install java again, when i click the downloader either the online or offline, says internet explorer cannot display the webpage. Firefox say Server connection has been reset when i try it on firefox.

So, called up my brother, he is having similar trouble, told me about a website that he always went to that wont load up for him either. I tried it at my house same thing, just loads text.

I can keep going on and on the things I've tried so far, but I'll just stop there for now. Internet speed tests, and pretty much everything functions just fine surfing, mail, etc. Just these certain little problems, that appear to be just on our line we are on. Any help would be appreciated, difficult to describe everything.

Perhaps you have been blocked.

The websites are popping up, just the format is not correct. No idea how they would have been blocked, this is my internet. One site is gamspot.com, other is mmochampion.com. Just gaming news and update type sites. But apparently my browser, and the other two computers Ive tried in this house, and two a completely different house, wont display them properly. I just dont get it. Im trying to see if there is anything common between all four of the computers, as in software, or update issue,but only thing in common is we all use the same isp.

Is it possible for my provider to have blocked access to these sites for some odd reason?? I did call them, and they went and checked the sites out, said was fine.

Very confused right now, its not just that, I tried to download something from cnet, a new registry checker, Same problem internet explorer cannot display the webpage, check internet or whatever. Where as windows updates fine, other things ive downloaded were fine. The other is Java, click on the installer, same thing IE cannot display the webpage????

Ive uninstalled and reset all of IE settings. Tried the reinstall of java, cannot get java back, but issue was there before the uninstall.

What about avg 8.5 free, can it be blocking these? Tried turning off windows firewall, didnt work, which i hate to do.

Is this an issue beyond my isp, since they get their lines from quest, and split them up to us? Or is it just a coincidental issue that appear to only happen on these pc's in my house, and other family members in different houses?

Hi there.

When I tried Gamspot.xxx** it seems to be hosted on the same IP address as "Adultfriendfinder" and "89sex.com"

Do you think you may have picked up a virus or trojan ? Or perhaps your ISP has blocked you as a family, based on surname ?

Scan your computer with your Anti-Virus, and Anti-Malware applications as the very first step.

Very sorry for that typo, its gamespot.com, a site that shows new and upcoming games, game reviews etc.

Just ran full system scan with malwarebytes, 0 infections, full scan with avg earlier 0 infections. Running Spybot search and destroy, only found cookies mostly from firefox which i downloaded to try yesterday, have deleted all cookies still same issue, certain sites load up with only text, and cannot download certain files, where as most sites id say 98% ive gone to so far are fine. Whats weird is its affecting 3 computers in my house, all which use different operating systems, various ages etc. And affecting my brother who is in another town, with same isp, but when i called isp provider, they checked out specifically mmo-champion.com, and gamespot.com and got on them fine. Its not router either since ive tried out 3 different routers in my own house as well. And 2 different static ip addresses, one which connects me to a town that is closer to me, and the other is for business. Still searching online as well to see what could have happened.

Thanks for any replies so far to help resolve this issue.

They both opened for me instantaneously. I am on Virgin Broadband.cool.gif

Both opened for me ok too.

If stuff will open on AOL......... Well nuff said. The choice of professionals innit? :lol:

Keep digging neonfree. Cant really think what the problem may be at the moment.

John.

They both opened for me instantaneously. I am on Virgin Broadband.cool.gif

Both opened for me ok too.

If stuff will open on AOL......... Well nuff said. The choice of professionals innit? :lol:

Keep digging neonfree. Cant really think what the problem may be at the moment.

John.

Just wanted to update on this, Today, at around 5pm or so it magically fixed itself and every site that wasnt working now works fine. Was something on the isp's side, out of my hands. What a headache that was, frantically trying to see if something was wrong with my pc the site or isp lol. But it fixed itself mysteriously, so im now happy again. Thanks all, Neon