Remote Resource Monitor

MagiCool

Hi,

Nice to meet you all!

I am searching for an application that can monitor over the internet (not LAN) CPU usage, Bandwidth usage and RAM usage of a remote computer. So far all the applications I've tested presented some problems for my needs: works only on LAN, requires a Domain...

Do you know any such applications?

Thank You!

Hi MC, and Welcome.

I have no problems at all monitoring CPU usage remotely by means of : *** Task Manager ***

Bandwidth monitoring with: *** Bandwidth Meter *** (Free !)

RAM Monitoring with: *** Meminfo *** (Free!)

If you choose, you can also use: *** TeamViewer *** (Free!) the latest version includes, File Transfer both ways, Audio & Video functions, Re-booting of remote computer, Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task manager.

A whole bundle of stuff, - at no cost whatsoever.

All, and any applications can be installed, and viewed on the remote computer, - Remotely. :)

So far all the applications I've tested presented some problems for my needs.

Why am I now getting this sinking feeling that you needs are going to be "One Off", and so diverse, complex, and enigmatic, that even Albert Einstein would hit his head against a wall in anguish ? Stressed.gifscratch.gif003laughingman.gif

John.001greenman.gif

Hi MANEMAN,

It is quite simple. All the resource monitoring software that run on the remote computer are not accesible directly from another computer (only via VNC, TeamViewer etc). Accesing a remote computer with VNC fo example will alter the results, both CPU usage and Bandwidth usage. I need something like PMP - Remote Server Performance Monitor (http://www.eastbow.com/pmp/).

Aaaah ! I thought maybe it was so.

A "Special Needs Client."

I am always more than willing to spend time with them.

And a bit of humour as I injected into my post always seems to brighten the day.

I try to remind myself often when answering posts that I may well be dealing with a person who has "difficulties".

I do hope the time I spent with you has furthered your development in social skills and the computing arena MC.

Do as Catgate has suggested and contact: http://www.eastbow.com/pmp/ I am sure you will find them helpful and sympathetic towards you and your current difficulty.

Good luck with your quest MagiCool, and take care my friend.

Hi,

Their reply:

"....However, you may want to monitor the bandwidth value directly.

Unfortunately, PMP is not ready for that. I think it will take much times to

be applied because we need to change the agent and admin, including alert

logic, interface too.

Sorry that I can't provide the version that you want at this time."

So this is not an option :(

Hi MC,

It does rather sound as though you are a little bit stuck for the time being.

End of the line ?

Or do you wish to take the bull by the horns, escape forums, and find an answer ?

I would suggest that you continue to use a search engine/s to track down that which you believe to be available.

I will return to an earlier of your quotes:

Am I missing something?

A revealing question on your part perhaps ?

Although the question was pointed towards "Pops", it could well be the question you should fully investigate (Perhaps with the aid of Google or a similar search engine)

Open Source software authors are usually very helpful. (I will not guide you, but let you find your own pathway)

Your native country (Romania) is not usually viewed as the most sympathetic towards people with problems, however with internet access you should have no problems contacting people such as this: *** Processing Deficits *** Posting your query on one of their forums may well be fruitful for you.

Answers to personal, or computing problems can come about in the most unlikely of places. - Try it. :)

Break free, - live your life in a manner of self sufficiency without total reliance on others. You will then feel the growth start to take place within you.

John.