Can't connect to the Internet.

mpripka

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100.

I recently restored it back to factory settings. I think this may be a driver issue but, the computer is up and running fine. The only problem is that in the bottom right corner where my clock is, nothing else is in that bar. I have been trying to get connected to the internet and I can't even see a connectivity computer there. I can't search for networks or anything. Any ideas?

What Operating System ? Presumably XP ?

Are you trying to connect via Ethernet Cable, USB modem, or Wireless ?

In Device Manager under Network Adapters - does it show your network device ?

• 7 months later...

which OS you are using?

which internet connection you are using like broadband,dial up or wireless?

But if you are using Windows XP then just check your system hardware if you have ethernet card then go to my network places properties,create new connection and fill all the requirements then finish.Otherwise install ethernet card.

• 2 months later...

Which is the operating system that you are using?

Nancy Williams, Gram Smith and William Robert

Why are you asking questions already clearly asked by Boris? Try adding something useful to the thread.

mpripka

1 Do you have a Dell Cd with all the drivers on it? If so - have you reinstalled them

2 I am not familiar with your Dell model - but on my Toshiba laptop there is a slider switch on the side which switches the network connector on and off. Possibly a dumb question - but does the Dell have the same and it has been moved to the off position.

I think we are wasting our time responding to mpripka - a one post wonder it seems. This thread is almost a year old so if there was to be any reply from the originator, I think we would have it by now.