Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rondo9

Can't Delete A File in Windows Media Player

7 posts in this topic

I have a problem. I have a file on my Windows Media Player that I cannot remove. I've tried to delete it. It's not in my music file any where. And defragging does nothing. How do I remove it? For further details look below at the screenshot.

View a screenshot of it here: 37452469.png
/>http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8260/37452469.png

There is a Billy Joel 'icon' on the bottom left of your screen shot. Do you have that track/album?

If you change the sort to 'Album' from 'Genre', does it show it as Billy Joel?

Have you tried a right-click on 'Unknown Album', then select delete from the short menu?

There is a Billy Joel 'icon' on the bottom left of your screen shot. Do you have that track/album?

If you change the sort to 'Album' from 'Genre', does it show it as Billy Joel?

Have you tried a right-click on 'Unknown Album', then select delete from the short menu?

It shows up as an unknown album, song, genre, everything.

If I click properties, it shows that it has no length, no codec, nothing.

The music I'm listening to is completely irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the music.

This is one of several flaws in Windows Media Player library system. Sometimes you can delete such a record by trying to play it, then WMP will tell you it can't find it & will ask you if you want to delete the record.

If that doesn't here's a link to a thread about finding WMP media files & deleting them: TECHSUPPORT

I recall having a similar problem with an early version of WMV. What I did was rename the file and delete that. Don't know whether that will work with your file.

I recall having a similar problem with an early version of WMV. What I did was rename the file and delete that. Don't know whether that will work with your file.

I can't delete it, rename it, rate it, nothing.