WINDOWS SEVEN AFTER LINUX?

We were visiting the vets tonight, to see how our pusscat is doing, and he asked me how he might take Linux off and put Windows Seven onto a machine he has at home. I had to reply that I had only put Linux on a PC once before, and when I was ready to change back to Windows XP, I simply reformatted. However, he said that he had been told that there might be difficulties going from the Linux formatting to NTFS. I was not aware of this, and I do not recall having any problems when I did it - but I thought I would ask here just to check.

I don't think there would be a problem but, to be safe (and the way I always use to install an O/S on anything other than a new drive) is to reformat the drive.

The reformatting should be taken care of by the Windows installer at the start of the new installation but I have known this to go wrong. Nothing terrible happened but the new system took an awful lot longer to install than it should have done.

• 1 year later...