Need some help please

Shinra

Hello,

My problem is i can not start my pc up with out getting a blue screen saying STOP: c0000218 (Registry file failure)

This problem tho only happeded after i try to start the computer in safe mode, before that it was starting and after trying to do stuff it would then blue screen and say KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A . And the reason i have that problem is because i had trouble connecting wireless to the internet and i did some things after doing searches on the internet one of the things was using cmd then i tried a few suggestions, one of which i can not rememeber but i am sure it was some thing to do with registry :/

The computer is really old, about 7 or 8 years old maybe older i can't rememeber. All i really want to do is get some saved photos and get my itunes copied over to my laptop, so i would be ever so greatful if some one could help me to get it working.

Thanks, Sarah.

I did the cd and every thing was going great then it stopped and a message pops up in the centre of the screen saying mode not suppoerted. H: 35.4khz V:78.8HZ

I press F2 the second time of trying to see if the basic help would help but it never open any help :( Maybe i am doing some thing wrong, i hope so cause i so really want this to work lol

Hi. Shinra.

Can you boot to Advanced Boot Options by pressing F-8 every second or so after pressing the start button on the machine? If so; look for Last Known Good Configuration.

The error you are getting is a graphical one. I do not know why you are getting this as Puppy has booted to any machine I have run it on. If Advanced Boot Options brings no joy, we'll find you something else. B)

Edit: Trying Wary Puppy may work; it is for older hardware.

I was getting a blue screen saying kernel_data_inpage_error, then when i went and tried safe mode i got a different blue screen saying STOP: c0000218 (Registry file failure)

and thats all i get now. And i have tried to do last known good configuration too and the same, i get blue screen :(

Am gonna try Wary puppy now and if that dont work then i'll try damn small linux.

I just need some help now with copying the files. I am just a little confused cause when i click to copy it says what it is ( /mnt/sda2/documents and settings/administrator,sarah/my documents) Do i leave that and add to it or delete it and just type /mnt/sdf1 ? I don't wanna mess it up or lose any thing.

Pleased that you could retrive the data. However, someone would've eventually offered a solution that may have been easier/more convenient. If you want to keep the machine a while, replacing the hard drive would be inexpensive. Backup machines are always handy; sometimes a clutter. Use the COA to reinstall Windows from applicable media borrowed from family or friends.

Glad to be of assist.

:drinks: