Windows Boot Problem(Black Screen) Please HELP!

kemkoi

So yesterday I built my own computer and all. Everything worked fine, fans, no Leds shining or anything so I thought it was about time to get into my bios and change so the DVD was booting up first. After I'd done that I put my Windows 7 DVD in and run the installation.

The first time I tried to install it got stuck at copying files so it just stayed at 0% so I closed the installation and shutdown the computer.

Then I switched the SATA cable from the DVD to another slot and it said like "BOOT MGR is missing". So I changed back to the same slot and the installation could be booted again.

The second time I tried to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit the copying files went to 100 % instantly and got stuck at expanding files so it just stayed at 0 %.

So I cancelled the installation one more time and shutdown the computer.

Now I was going to try a third thing. I tried to run the installation with only one RAM and it got to 100% on copying files again but the installation went through like normally on the rest stuff (maybe a little slow).

So when the installation was finished the computer restarted and after a while starting windows appeared, I thought it was finally going to work but no luck. No logo appeared and it just where stuck at Starting Windows and the background was black.

After like 30 minutes the screen went black and starting windows disappeared. I restarted the computer and the same thing happened.

I put in the second ram and the same thing happened.

So I ran the windows installation again and formated the harddrive and reinstalled windows but still no luck, the same thing happends on the installation instantly 100 % at copying files and then rest of the installation is very very slow.

This morning I ran a startup repair before going to school but after trying a million things it seems like I'm never going to get Windows working.

I've looked around on other forums and stuff and found it could be a problem with the DVD. Maybe that's the problem? I have no idea actually.

I could also send you my computer specs when I come home... I'm at the school at the moment.

Please help me...

Regards Kemkoi.

:welcomewf:

I've looked around on other forums and stuff and found it could be a problem with the DVD. Maybe that's the problem?

It may well be Kemkoi.

Let's start by saying that if the install DVD is anything other than a genuinely purchased Microsoft install disk we will not be able to help you.

Building a computer in a day is in itself quite an acheivement. Perhaps now is the time to slow down a little ?

Plugging all the plugs into sockets inside the case should be checked over again. ( If this is what you mean when you say that you "Built a Computer".) Perhaps your build went a little deeper than that ?

As you obviously have internet access, before you go any further, or ask any more questions please have a look at our "Essential Guides" section. In particular:

*TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS 7*

** ADVANCED " 7 " TROUBLESHOOTING

Watching the videos thoroughly may give you some clues as to the source of your problem, and will certainly help your understanding of Windows 7. - Every day is a learning day.

Also have a look at the "Pinned" posts within various areas of the forum.

John.

• 2 weeks later...