Updating My Website For The Great North Run

doug

Help quick. Have just finished doing a 7 page document in Word 97 which I saved as an html document. This was so I could do it off line and check for spelling etc. Have taken 2 days over this as it covers things that occured before during and after the run. Have finally managed to upload it to my htdocs file in my website plus.com. I can't for the life of me find how I can link it into the webspace. Please, someone, take pity on me and talk me through it. Have rung plus and the verbal gobbledygook has left me rigid. :help:

Still struggling mark. This is the image as uploaded by AceFTP 3

As you can see the file gnr.html has been uploaded to the \htdocs\ directory. Problem I cannot access it from my webpage editor as it doesn't appear in the listing. Will have to do a follow up post to show that.

post-33-1064343657.jpg

Hey hey mark and shirley. I copied into the the link exactly what mark had put in above - the only differences being mark used htm whereas I was using html. I think. Now it works. Nor very elegant but at least the folks in here can get some of my impressions for the day. hope it's been worth the effort.

I really do need some hedification re. files exensions, html/htm etc.

So there you go folks in all it's glory. Should I make a separate post with the fact it's been My Web has been updated?

Oh no! :blush: Have to go and change it later. You know I can only read what I'm expecting to see, not what is actually rit. Even my wife, who is always very critical missed that. Any more typos folks just keep posting them here. Not I've got to work out how to edit that typo! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
That works a treat mark. ennit quick? Thanks shirley for pointing out the typo and the suggestions re the layout. have complied hope it reads better now :rolleyes:

It looks a lot better now ;)

Nice one mate.

I'm gonna read it now.