Win7 x64, Not recognizing GoFlex Home as DRIVE, PLEASE HELP!

Bought GoFlex Home 3TB, plugged into Cisco WRT310N V2, w/ Desktop PC (Win 7 64bit) does not recognize the drive. Get NETWORK ERROR "Windows cannot access \\goflex_home" Error Code: 0x80070035. Can not map netork drive. Under Win Explorer the drive DOES appear as "GoFlex Home:UPNP-AV" in TWO places, 1) under Media Devices & 2) Under Storage. Bother places are treated as MEDIA because, when I click on either of them it opens Windows Media Player! I can type in the IP address in BOTH IE & WIn Explorer and it will take me to the web page for the drive, where i can log in and create users, add folderes, etc. I WANT TO USE THIS AS A BACK-UP DRIVE, but can't get WINDOWS TO RECOGNIZE IT. I have turned off McAfee and still have same problem. PLEASE HELP!

OK. Just as a thought can you bypass the Cisco and plug the GoFlex directly into the machine and see f it will be recognised. It may have something to do with the wireless network support.

IMHO, I would give McAfee the boot and replace it with free Microsoft Security Essentials (as long as your install of Windows is activated and validated).

McAfee is known for causing issues with networking and backups alike. McAfee is a bit++ to completely uninstall sometimes; one may browse the web for assistance.

Will Windows recognize the drive if plugged directly into the computer?

Edit: Do you have the network lock active on the Cisco router?

IMHO, I would give McAfee the boot and replace it with free Microsoft Security Essentials (as long as your install of Windows is activated and validated).

McAfee is known for causing issues with networking and backups alike. McAfee is a bit++ to completely uninstall sometimes; one may browse the web for assistance.

Will Windows recognize the drive if plugged directly into the computer?

Edit: Do you have the network lock active on the Cisco router?

Agreed Bludgard. McAfee is a bit of a P.I.A.

I have also read that Seagate GoFlex can have problems on some Wireless systems. The answer has always been to connect it direct to the server.

@ebland0724, we would love to know whether you got your problem sorted, and what was the cause.

As a courtesy to those that have tried to help it is always a good idea to let them know. It also improves our knowledge in case of future similar problems.