Music Cd Boycott

moon

Yes, but what do you think ? :D

well, as a infamous poet once said......

The New Music cometh.

It's got real content

and it's free

It's written and played by you and me.

personally I don't go along with that crap! music has played no small part in the downfall of what was once a decent world to live in (when the map was mostly pink) and I for one would not miss its passing forever.

oh yeah! and we should ban pubs too ;)

There's no way i'm gonna cut off my nose to spite my face!

I buy about 10 cds a month.....im a music fanatic, I play music in a band, I listen to music when working out, I listen when I go to work, I listen when I go to sleep!!!! I have amassed a HUGE collection of cds.

There's no way im gonna stop now!

I shall continue to boycott french produce.  I will however not boycott C.D's as long as they are not made in france

When (and if) I also get to an age where the use of French Letters is pointless, I might join you Andsome :D

You could always get yourself seen to, if you know what I mean

Personally I used to buy a lot of CD's when a student. Now I work i buy less. The thing is, i only bought when the CD's were in the sale etc and still do. Either that or I buy online at www.play.com

I wont boycott because of the RIAA and dont see the point as they cant touch me in the UK. Even if they could i would fight all the way as they actually dont technically have the right to sue file sharers because the RIAA dont hold the copyright. Also, the cash they win from suing file sharers doesnt go to the copyright holders but the RIAA itself and you still leave yourself open to being sued by the copyright holders aswell.

Well, thats my tuppence worth.

I don't condone the pirating of someone's work in any shape or form, but I think that the price of music CDs is way too high, and is one reason why people pirate music. However, in my view, the reason why sales of music CDs has fallen dramatically is that people like me think the music business big boys and some music artists have got too greedy and therefore we are not prepared to pay high prices for an album with one or two good songs and the rest just mediocre rubbish to fill the CD.

As was pointed out, the RIAA are an American organisation and this boycott is an American one. We don't need an organised boycott in this country because many of us are already "voting with our feet" (as it were) and no longer buying high-priced music CDs. The present situation can't be in the interests of the industry, the consumer or new musical talent and someone needs to get a grip of the situation and sort it out.

Here's a link to the boycott site

Pete