I had an unofficial Ms-Dos boot disk (FreeDos) and I was trying to dual boot it with Windows XP. I had made the partition with EaseUS and allocated 20gb. When I booted from the disk on startup, I followed the instructions, then turned my computer off. When I turned it back on there was nothing but a white error message in the3 top-left corner saying, "Error missing or corrupt operating system". So I deleted the the Ms-Dos partition, then used an official Windows XP Service Pack 2 disk and made a new partition and booted into that. I can view all my old files from the original partition except for the locked user files. Someone told me that it was because of the file "autoexec.bat" or something. Any help would be much appreciated.

I followed the instructions...

What instructions, exactly?

There are many ways to create multi-boot systems; what boot manager did you use?

Do you still have your original XP partition? Can you boot into that OS?

Or you only want to boot into your newly installed OS? Then you'll have to claim ownership of the files from you original OS.