Beeping when booting with USB in?

Assuming you are trying to load Windows 8 from your flash drive, is USB the first boot device in the BIOS?

Open the BIOS with the USB drive removed to check this and change if necessary.

Are your certain that the data on the flash drive is not corrupt?

Personally, I wouldn't rely on a flash drive for even a shopping list - such are my bad experiences with them.

Are you able to burn a known good copy of the software to an optical disk and use that for the installation?

Since it doesn't matter what is on the drive, It seems that there is a fault either with the Flash drive or the USB port. Do all other items connected to the port behave in the same way?

Only sometimes I can boot with my keyboard or mouse plugged in, but with my USB it never works. And it doesn't matter what port it is, it still does it. And the ports aren't broken, since I can use my drive when I'm booted into Windows. But what issue would the beeping be reporting? It may be my internal keyboard, since that got Coke spilt on it, but everything else still works OK.

It may be my internal keyboard, since that got Coke spilt on it, but everything else still works OK.

Coke may have seeped inside the machine. It may be worthwhile to have the computer professionally examined if you are not confident of opening the case yourself.

Cola drinks are loaded with sugar which will form a sticky mass on drying and also phosphoric acid which will do metal parts no good at all.

Are you using the ISO image offered by Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso/ ?

Are you installing according to the instructions given in the link?

I've never tried installing an operating system using a flash drive - as I said above, I wouldn't trust my shopping list on one. Why not burn a DVD with the ISO image and use that?

I share -pops-'s opinion with FDs, SD cards etc. Don't trust it. Although I have installed OSs with the like; they corrupt easily and are slow. I get perfect results with USB HDDs :) .

As an alternative to the above suggestion; plug the drive in and press Esc at boot. Select the drive and Enter....

Has this drive been tested on another machine capable of booting from external devices?

I told you. I need to keep my Windows 7 install, I'm not buying a USB HDD, and I CAN'T PRESS ESC AT BOOT BECAUSE IT FREEZES AND BEEPS! And I'm not using discs or installing to HDD! And yes, I am using the Microsoft RP. Can we get to fixing it now instead of out of the question suggestions for other devices?