I Am Now Using IE10 With Windows 7

AlanHo

I installed IE10 yesterday and I am surprised at how much quicker it is loading pages than IE9.

The only problem I had was that it didn't automatically Import all my Favourites - but this was because Microsoft stores favourites by default on the C: drive and I have moved all my data - including favourites - to a separate hard drive D:. So I moved the favourites file on C to D which merged them both.

The other thing I have noticed is that as I type a message on 2 other forums I frequent (but not this one), any typos are immediately underlined with a red wiggly line. If you right click on the suspect word a drop down opens with some spelling suggestions and an option to add the word - as spelled - into the dictionary. This didn't happen for me in IE9 and is a great feature.

I have yet to find a problem with IE10 - fingers crossed - but I am aware if I uninstall it the browser goes back to IE9 automatically.

Haven't read up a lot on IE10 yet Alan. ( Will do soon. :) )

I had to give up on IE9 on this computer because it started to run away with the CPU up to 100% and stuck there with more than 2 tabs open and the only way to stop it was by means of Taskmanager. (Even after closing down IE9)

Too lazy at the moment to diagnose the problem further than just checking Add-Ons/Plugins thsleepy.gif

I am at present using Maxthon 3. - http://www.maxthon.com/mx3/

Only2Clicks is a magic way of having a speed dial with pretty pictures. Darn useful too. Check it out: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.only2clicks.com

I am not a Internet Explorer hater like some people, although I do understand their objections. And I cant say I have had any bad reports from people whose computers I have installed IE9 on.

Your post led me to do a check on HTML5 capabilities of Maxthon 3, IE9, and IE10

See here for a quick check: - >>>>>>>> http://html5test.com/index.html

Maxthon 3 scores - 454 AND 15 BONUS POINTS out of a possible 500

" The HTML5 test score is an indication of how well your browser supports the upcoming HTML5 standard and related specifications. Even though the specification isn't finalized yet, all major browser manufacturers are making sure their browser is ready for the future. Find out which parts of HTML5 are already supported by your browser today and compare the results with other browsers."

John.

• 2 weeks later...