Migrate Mails From Outlook (mac) To Outlook (windows)

Hi Everybody,

I am in search of best solution for transferring mails from outlook (mac) to outlook (windows). There are a lot of mails that i need to transfer. I have looked into many forums for the solutions but most are for making IMAP account and all. I don't have such a good technical hand in doing such stuff, so i am looking for other alternatives. Fast and Problem solving answers will be really appreciated.

Thank you

Does Outlook (on Mac) use PST files? If so, you just migrate the PST file to Windows and open in there using Outlook?

If not, does Outlook (on Mac) have an Export function? What are the file types in can export to?

Finally, what is the Outlook version on Windows?

More info here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2649169

Microsoft Outlook for Windows does not support .olm data files. However, there are several methods that you can use to transfer data from Outlook for Mac 2011 to a Windows-based Outlook client. These methods require that you use Microsoft Exchange Server.

Synchronize data with Microsoft Exchange Server If the data is available in a mailbox that is located on an Exchange Server, the Outlook for Windows client can access the data. To do this, the Windows client connects to the Exchange Server by using either Cached Exchange Mode or Online mode.

Export data from Microsoft Exchange to an Outlook data (.pst) file Use the Export-Mailbox shell cmdlet from Microsoft Exchange PowerShell to export mailbox data to an Outlook data (.pst) file. For more information about the Export-Mailbox shell cmdlet, visit the following Microsoft websites:

Exporting Mailbox Data
How to Export and Import mailboxes to PST

Note Currently, Microsoft does not have a utility to convert an .olm file to a .pst file.

P.S. THIS LOOKS MORE USEFUL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2636421

Well regarding your suggestion, the link you referred, third party tools look promising to convert my mails. I will have a research on them and let you know my conclusion. In the mean time if you guys know about any tools that work best for this problem then please suggest.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh. - It's looking to me that if you downloaded the "Free Trial" of this and started using it in a Virtual situation (VM) You could convert everything needed by reverting to snapshots quite easily.

It's got to beat buying a tool that you will probably use only once, and of course you are doing nothing illegal.

For a quick workaround on this one, try: Toolwiz Time Freeze as a Windows VM quickie. It's freeware and it works real good without the need for installing a full VM. From a MAC point of view just go with the VM of your choice.

You perhaps could probably do the job a whole lot quicker if you downloaded the free trial of OLM to PST Converter Pro ?

that will do 50 items in trial mode.

The tool you mentioned costs 129$ plus if i use its trial version it only converts few mails of the selected folder, so i am stuck here too.

Alternatively Olm To Pst converter Pro also does the same job in its trial version but it costs 39$ which is much cheaper than the one you suggested.

SO i got it and converted all my mails.

Didn't mean to offend your suggestion, only wanted to share my experience.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...