Is it the router or the browser

Is it the router or the browser

Didn't really know whether this should be posted here or in the software section

Tried both Firefox and IE

A friend asked me to take a look at a problem they have been having for the last few weeks. They have Yahoo.co.uk set as their home page but when type something into the search bar within that page and select any option that appears in the drop down they a 'Server not found error', another thing I noticed whilst having a look aroud as that if I type www.google.co.uk in the address bar I get the same error but if I type in the IP address(173.194.78.94) I get the google page appearing. I tried pinging google.co.uk and got no reply but if i ping the IP address I get a response.
I had a thought that it might be something to do with the router (Belkin) settings so I had a look. I saved the current settings and then reset the router, but no luck. I then restored the settings from the file I'd saved and everything started working again. I rebooted the pc and the problem came back, so I went back to the router page and ran the restore process again and all web pages started working again. Any ideas of how I can get the router to keep the settings so that all the web pages run properly,

Any help would be appreciated

Try running Complete Internet Repair

If you are not shifting along very far after this, explain to your friend that you finally had to resort to asking on a forum for advice and that the problem is a little beyond you. Our friends all tend to think that we know a bit more than we actually do, and in our vanity, we can at times play up to their vision.

Honesty with a friend is sometimes the best policy. Hand it back to your friend and advise them to get a professional to take a look at it. You will have less hassle, and I bet the friendship will last for a long time due to your truthful disposition.