Firefox 19 and an intruder

I have no idea where this came from but it wont go away - I have uninstalled and reinstalled fresh and still it is there.

French Google. I think.

It comes up evry time I open a new tab.

I have looked and looked in program file opened everything cant find it anywhere.

:ranting:

I used Revo Uninstaller which usually does the job.

No good to me as it open in French. I also have normal google as search engine as usual.

Something very odd about the link in Lamb Chop's first post here. Any attempt to disable the link would not work so I have deleted it - just in case it is something nasty and it gets clicked on by accident.

LC - Have you done a System Restore to a time before this thing appeared?

It was cherchi a dot then biz - sorry didnt think it was catching pops :paperbag1: Similar looing to Google and shows the icons for facebook twitter Yahoo Ytube and something with a large M. I dont think it in itself is nasty just that something added it on - I did get one download or started to then canceeled from CNet installer and it was sneaking in othere bits I didnt want too bars etc with no opt out.

It will not allow me to open a new tab jsut opens on this every time except for first opening of ff.

I havnt done a system restore about to do one now.

Rong searched add on's thoroughly and then went to program file and opened every file there too - did not find it.

This OS 7 is a bit more sophisicated - did a back up on it -hope that works if needed with my record of failures :wub:

Still catching up with programs - just downloaded Malabytes and different again seems a free trial version and switched on when already running SAS Pro so real time protection dont want 2.

Noticed that many programs run and look a bit different on W 7 to XP.

Hey tis gone - yippee - what I did was to google it right before restore and up came lots of people alos trying to rid themselves of it.

1 solution offered was probably the add on for You Tube download - so got rid of that and Voila. Gone.

Seems a phising sit according to some and also hoping now computer will quicken up to usual speed already typing faster as wasnt keeping upwith me - touch typist which is why I am informed I lose all of the painted letters off the keyboards.

Thanks guys. :drinks: Wat would do without you all. :lol:

Sorry I had to delete the link completely but, putting spaces or deleting part of the link did not disable it - which made me suspicious and by that time I'd cocked up the original so I thought it safer to delete it altogether.

OK pops it is a very nasty bit someone thought up to mess us all around. :ranting: . Came with add on to firefox - You Tube download and ended up having to reset Firefox and then import my new old bookmarks thankfully couldnt face that again as lost the lot on it and email. And had just got most daily used back. :D