Firefox 25 is what I am using to post here but uninstalled FF.

Lamb Chop

Have had no end of problems with Firefox lately not reading sites but that is old stuff.

Last few days on anti virus downloaded Avast to try out and didnt install it I thought as declined the conditions as they said would sell me on to offers etc from other people and no way but then found it was installing, then tried to uninstall using Revo free, then Revo Pro trial and failed on both. Then looked at properties on the program files and under read clicked on secret as did not know what that meant but it meant I think disappear as it has.

OOps. Anyway still hanging around on Firefox a tracking helper but not visual in usual places for add ons extns etc so thought uninstall and then reinstall an older version from my external HD so untainted - HA! Already have Mask me.

So there we went along as usual to uninstall by Revo free which had Firefox 24 on its window and off it went, but all of a sudden up popped Firefox browser so waited to see and voila it is Firefox 25 in all its glory and still with the tracker of Avast on it. So had 2 versions ? New 25 didnt install over the old 24.

And in Revo now since then not showing in window as Firefox 25 being on the computer nor in Ccleaner or on start<programs how odd. So this is working but not detected at all as being here.

But then Thunderbird also showing older version not the updated latest.Means I had two versions of Firefox running and old version wasnt gone at all but why in that case is none of the usual places showing that FF25 is alive and sort of well as can be with Avast bits lurking in a secret location. :ranting:

Maybe I have more than one Thunderbird too as shows old one from August not latest.

:censored:

Help how to rid me of Avast and then solve the mystery of FF please. Why do I get these mysteries thought going to upgrade and Window & would stop the problems I have been having lately with XP.

I have MSE runnging now as Anti Virus. No other showing on any either above so Avast is hidden too.

:hi: I shut down and re booted and no Firefox as said XCOM wouldn't start. So thought what to do - searched for program and found heaps of older versions in ext HD and back ups but not on computer. But still in Program files on drive C. So deleted that. and then used Opera to get down new version of FF 25.1 and installed and here it is and lost the Avast bit but got the add ons etc which were legitimate. :D

Probably the wrong thing to do. :paperbag1:

But then again maybe not :drinks:

I have XP and FF 25.1 with no problems so if you put some links I could try them for you. I also Have a W7 laptop with I take it the latest FF I could fire up to try them on if you have W7

Thanks Rong but since I have gone through above and today booted and not able to fire up Firefox at all.

then went the system of 7 solutions and it said that the program was compatible with XP SP2 - I got it from File Hippo and now think it must have been their download as uninstalled and then went to Mozilla and downloaded same 25.1 and voila it opened and seems stable and can read the Australian quite well as usual for Firefox, it still isn't as clear as reading on Opera 17 but good enough as not overwritten in the text so far anyway.

Try the main one anyway and see for yourself, Pops tried it and said it displayed fine. www.theaustralian.com.au

Main difference today was in the headings of the paper bit overwritten on FF not at all on Opera. Always found this on FF since 2003 anyway on this particular newspaper owned by Murdoch.