A strange problem.

Alan2273

This is one I have not come across before.

I was given a Compaq Presario C504EA that needed the drive wiping of personal information and to do what I liked with it afterwards, ( I am giving it to a local charity, if I can sort this problem out).

I have reinstalled Vista with all the service packs and updates, ( it took nearly 2 days), then I noticed the clock was loosing time, so I reset it and an hour later it had lost time again.

I have changed the CMOS battery, thinking that was the problem, but if the laptop is switched on or off it still loses time. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be.

Not a daft question at all Keith, but it is set up to update automatically.

I have not solved the problem, which is to do with a Vista update, (don't you just love Microsoft), but I have found a way to work around it with a 1999 time script and a batch file.