Recovery D: almost full - I have zero idea what to do!

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop I use windows 8.1 I got this at Christmas and my Recovery D: drive is almost full, I have absolutely no idea what to do, can anyone provide me a simple step by step guide on how to empty/clear this drive, I've tried Disk Clean Up and my rubbish bin is empty...

Thank you all in advance.

Em

The recovery drive D should contain all that HP deem necessary to return the laptop to factory condition, you should leave it alone. As long as it has room for the recovery files that's all it needs. Don't add anything or remove anything, messing around with it could result in it not working should you be unfortunate enough to need it..

HP created the recovery partition to hold the recovery files and that's all, they knew how much was going there so there was no point in allocating any more space as it'll never be used, that's why it looks Full .

As nothing should ever be added the free space on D should always be constant.

If you've been storing files in Recovery D find someplace else for them and leave it alone.

Ahhhh I see.... So at the moment it says 2.31 GB free of 23.3 GB and I was worried this was beginning to fill up and I was trying to find out now before it does what I should do to avoid it filling, but you guys are saying that my laptop comes with the drive already partly full?

Will this always stay at 2.31 GB free of 23.3 GB?

Thank you very very much....

That Recovery drive should stay the same all the time from the day you got it until it dies :)

(unless you manually put anything on it there for some reason - not recommended at all)