Installing update from M$ Graphics failed error 80070103

Lamb Chop

Tried 3 times, searched windows and got answer for errors which did not include above.

Anyone had this before and found an answer. Update below:-

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel® HD Graphics

Download size: 97.0 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in May, 2014

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

I can never understand the arrogance of Microsoft presuming to be able to update drivers and software of other manufacturers.

So often in the past has it cocked up (sometimes with a disastrous outcome) and they even now appear to be doing the same thing.

Ok that went well _ NOT - and tried twice. First with Intel. Didn't work with their driver. then remembered I had Driver Genius and silly me forgot that I had not updated drivers when re-installing as done the thing so many time lately don't know whether Arthur or Martha! Anyway it had a load of drivers - installed all and when it came to HD graphics looked mightily like same version - but went ahead, now finished all installed tried again to update and guess what same old 80070103.

Back to square 1.

Have gone back and tried M$ again round and round the mulberry bush and wonder maybe is it the driver as gone back to Intel again and they say it is the current one now so have updated when prior was needed updating.

:censored: