Has Your Email Been Hacked?

AlanHo

It seems like every day that we read of an organisation being hacked and having data stolen – including clients/members/customers etc addresses and other data.

For all you know – one of the companies you have data registered with – even if it’s only your Email address – could have been hacked and your data distributed to others without your knowledge.

Hackers use the term pwned to indicate those who have been hacked - and many millions have been pwned..

There is a way of finding out whether your Email has been hacked over the past 2 years.

Enter your Email address here :-

https://haveibeenpwned.com

If it finds a match it tells you in which hack your Email address was stolen.

In my case I discovered that I was a victim of an attack on Adobe. It gave me the following details :-

Adobe: The big one. In October 2013, 153 million Adobe accounts were breached with each containing an internal ID, username, email, encrypted password and a password hint in plain text. The password cryptography was poorly done and many were quickly resolved back to plain text. The unencrypted hints also disclosed much about the passwords adding further to the risk that hundreds of millions of Adobe customers already faced.

The good news is my e-mail addy isn' t on it. It may well be now if that particular site is harvesting them. :wacko:

I should have mentioned that before I compiled the message about Email hacking I checked the url with a well-respected detection site called VirusTotal.

Google bought them a couple of years ago because of their reputation in malware detection.

https://www.virustotal.com/

Furthermore - I pinched the link from a recent edition of Computer Active magazine....... :devil:

The good news is my e-mail addy isn' t on it. It may well be now if that particular site is harvesting them. :wacko:

I should have mentioned that before I compiled the message about Email hacking I checked the url with a well-respected detection site called VirusTotal.

Google bought them a couple of years ago because of their reputation in malware detection.

https://www.virustotal.com/

Furthermore - I pinched the link from a recent edition of Computer Active magazine....... :devil:

You naughty person you. :lol: