Beware Repair Problems With Apple iPhone 6

AlanHo

The latest software update for iPhone 6 handsets is allegedly rendering the devices useless if it detects repairs not carried out by Apple.

The problem is known as "error 53" and has appeared in Apple products before.

The Guardian reports that users' phones were disabled after the Touch ID home button was repaired by a non-Apple engineer.

The issue appears to arise once devices have been updated to the latest operating system, iOS 9.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35502030

Fun reading after so many decades of Apple users blathering on about how Bill Gates was the Antichrist and MicroShaft were the source of all evil. We get a movie that reveals Steve Jobs as a bit of a shit and reports that Apple are quite happy to turn your mega expensive smart phone into a brick if you have the gall to get some qualified technician to fix your phone rather than pay funny money for an authorised Apple tech to do exactly the same thing. I mean it's not as if it's your phone,      Oh hang on a mo you paid for it so  it is your phone ! Strange that, wonder when they'll get sued first ? Call it an Error as much as you like it boils down to corporate sabotage of private property, which isn't that enlightened.

I am not siding with Apple but I think I understand their motive.

The  I.D thingy is a biometric sensitive log-in device. When you first use the phone the biometric print is indelibly stored within the I.D device which prevents anyone else from using it.

If they allowed third parties to change the I.D device, someone who stole the phone could install an I.D device loaded with their biometric print and then be able use the phone

So their motive is phone security. A noble cause but open to question.