October 23rd - A Sad Day For Britain

October 23rd is a sad day for britain and its proud avionics history.

It is the last flight of concorde.

Should the majestic plane be replaced, should the government pledge its backing to building a new, better plane, or should it be left to private companies and thus not happen??

What do you think?

It is sad indeed, but if you live near Manchester (like me) you will see this plane in flight for the last time on the 22nd of this month B) then, when it is finally decommissioned 1 of the Concorde`s will be permanently parked in the Manchester viewing area.

I think it's a pity that British Airways are being allowed to get away with refusing to sell it to Branson. It has been a marvellous aeroplane except for the ONE tragic accident. It's a pity, but I think that cost rules out a successor.

I think it's a pity that British Airways are being allowed to get away with refusing to sell it to Branson.  It has been a marvellous aeroplane except for the ONE tragic accident.  It's a pity, but I think that cost rules out a successor.
Damn good plane makers them Frenchies

You let me down there andsome :P I thought I fed you a line that was sure to get one of your vein throbbing statements in return :rolleyes:

Beautiful aircraft and a sad loss. I doubt that there are the technicians remaining in this country to produce anything like it again. Everything private companies touch turns to dust.

Anyway, we live in a very fragile world. There is a permanent ring of scum around the earth at passenger jet cruising level. It's a dead technology, it just won't lie down. New runways are killing the countryside and ruining thje habitat of hundreds of thousands of people. Let it go. Think of something new.

I think it's a pity that British Airways are being allowed to get away with refusing to sell it to Branson.  It has been a marvellous aeroplane except for the ONE tragic accident.  It's a pity, but I think that cost rules out a successor.
Damn good plane makers them Frenchies

You let me down there andsome :P I thought I fed you a line that was sure to get one of your vein throbbing statements in return :rolleyes:

The frogs helped a wee bit I suppose.