Error Code EX144

Craig

Morning folks,

The issues being experienced with the forum are as a result of a corrupted table in the SQL backed.  The table is responsible for search, or anything that relies upon it, this is why you'll see an error when accessing items such as "all activity" or "unread content".  I'm not entirely sure which other functions are impacted by this fault, so if you see error code EX144, that will be a result of this issue.

In the grand scheme of things I don't believe the table stores any critical data, so the fix will hopefully be an easy one, however I will wait for Invision to assist with the fix as I don't want to do something that may cause more damage.

I'm investigating the spam problem; when we upgraded to the latest forum software nearly a year ago, we switched from a 3rd party spam system to one built into the forum itself.  It may be I need to simply change some settings, or the spammers are beating the detection algorithms, or maybe the software is just no good and I'll need to look for an alternative.

So for the time being, please sit tight and sigh when error code EX144 appears!

Craig 

Afternoon,

The corrupt table has been recreated.  Access to your profile, activity etc has been restored.

Due to the content of the table being lost, "unread content" will only populate with new items created from midday today.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, Craig said:

Awesome, looks like we have a new error code on submitting a post!  Investigating!

I have also received codes:  2F173/1 and 2S136/C.  They may have been relevant to the now corrected SQL problem. 

It has now posted my reply twice! (second now deleted)  ... and a new error EX0!!

• 2 weeks later...