Latest upgrade Windows 10

timmera

Today I installed the announced upgrade of Windows 10. To my surprise I now got a second account on my same name, but the password I use for my "normal" account is not accepted. When I try to use login without password I find something like TrueKey (!?) and I need to install a camera (!?). How can I remove this second account I never asked for or gave permission?

My Desktop PC and laptop have both installed the Anniversary download with no problems.

My wife's laptop has still not downloaded the update even though it is set for auto updates. Every day I click on "check for updates" and it says the computer is up to date.

Suddenly I found that my wife could no longer connect to either of my computers over the home network - it asked her to enter a Network credential and password. Conversely  I could connect to hers with no problem.

After much faffing about I discovered that the update on my computers had altered the network settings from Turn off protected password to requiring one. Even though my PC and laptop had the requirement for a password they would still connect over the network without a password input.

I then changed the network settings on all computers to not requiring a network password and all is OK again - all 3 computers can talk to each other.

One thing I have noticed is that when you install the Anniversary Update the Download History is wiped clean.

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

One thing I have noticed is that when you install the Anniversary Update the Download History is wiped clean.

It is essentially the same as doing a fresh installation of the new version i.e. - no history.

Do a WinVer in your search box to show the current build installed - probably 1607 14393.51

WinVer 1607 (14393.51).JPG