A recipe from catgate in 2007...

Irene

In 2007, catgate posted this recipe and I have referred to it numerous time ever since:

One of my favourite ways of doing good fish, of pretty nearly any kind (with the exception whole shark or giant squid) is to use the aluminium foil method.
Just put the fish, sprinkled with salt and possibly pepper, into an aluminium foil parcel, along with whatever flavouring you're favouring (we always have a Basil plant pot on the kitchen window sill and we often use the stalky bits of fennel bulbs) and shove it into a fairly hot pre-heated oven for some minutes. Actual temp. and time obviously vary with size of fish.
Mackerel are absolutely wonderful done this way, as is every other fish we have tried. You get nothing but the fish and seasoning this way.

I did a paella last night using smoked haddock and jumbo prawns (ex supermarket fish counter...always inferior to the real fish from the man who comes from Hull every fortnight).
A large chopped onion and the last of the home grown red peppers fried in olive oil, in a large frying pan, followed, after the onions had became really soft and brown, with the appropriate rice (half a teacupful for the two of us). This was followed by the first of the boiling water and allowed to boil, topping up with boiling water as and when needed. As the rice was coming up to the point where it was almost cooked in went the haddock (cut into pieces) and the prawns, along with two or three chopped sun dried tomatoes, a couple of teaspoons of chicken stock powder and just a splash of sherry.. The trick is to get the liquid volume to be at a minimum just as the whole lot is ready to serve, without scorching the lot to death. That's why I have the boiling kettle handy. all the time
blowkiss.gif