The music, the voice, the cars the scenery !

Belatucadrus

16 hours ago, catgate said:

Well it's all in foreign !!!

Questi giorni quando vieni il belle sole
La la la la la-la-la-la la la la la

On days like these when skies are blue and fields are green
I look around and think about what might have been
And then I hear sweet music float around my head
As I recall the many things we left unsaid
It's on days like these that I remember
Singing songs and drinking wine
While your eyes played games with mine

On days like these I wonder what became of you
Maybe today you are singing songs with someone new
I’d like to think you're walking by those willow trees
Remembering the love we knew on days like these
It's on days like these that I remember
Singing songs and drinking wine
While your eyes played games with mine

On days like these I wonder what became of you
Maybe today you are singing songs with someone new

Questi giorni quando vieni il belle sole
La la la la la-la-la-la la la la la

I make it two lines of Italian and two of La La La, which I classify as linguistically ambiguous, the rest is English so hardly "all in foreign".

If the La is being sung in Italian it translates to There and if it's French it would be The. Either way I'm thinking La comes out better as a lyric.

That's a surprise.  As soon as it is announced I always turn the knob to off.

I have often missed the music played following it because I do not know how long the Italian tune is and frequently doze off.

I am not very familiar with the Italian language. I have only been three times and these were on business to one of our factories in Rome.

One of my lasting impressions is the way they drive. Just to walk up the hill and stand listening to the cacophony of motor horns down in the centre of city is worth the entry fee.  

P.S. I remember the first visit very well. I have forgotten the name of the Hotel but it was a very "up market" establishment with uniformed porters and lackies in  profusion. The bedroom was very smart and fitted up with all the usual facilities. The head of the bed was next to the partition wall and in the room at the other side of the wall was a newly married couple (the confetti round the door gave it away) This was further confirmed by the noises, particularly the noise emanating from their bed head hitting the separation wall. On subsequent visits I ensured that any adjacent room were only occupied by the elderly.