Mobile Phone Wireless Charging Problem Solved

AlanHo

My wife Libby is a serial offender when it comes to remembering to charge her phone each day.  When she does remember, it becomes a case of “find the USB lead”.

To make it easier for her I bought from amazon a Qi Wireless Charging Receiver
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0789FZHXB/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

And an Anker wireless charger
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756Z8X82/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

(Some months ago, on a whim, I bought from Ebay a cheap charger and Qi receiver for my phone, but it proved to be temperamental and I dumped it. This time I bought some better ones which work together a treat).

She then became a serial offender in not placing the phone in the correct position on the charging pad. The bloody phone bleeped all night alongside the bed to announce it was not getting a reliable power connection.

So I rummaged around the garage and found an offcut of 5 mm thick high density fibre board and some offcuts of 15 mm plastic angle. From which I made a holder for the wireless charger with some guides to place the phone in the correct position. It is not a very professional job but cost nothing – I even found an old tin of almost dried out blackboard paint to hide the hot melt glued workmanship

Here is the gadget in all its glory. 

Pk1T7V9.jpg

Here the wireless charges nestles securely in its recess

68Epmfe.jpg

Here the phone sits in its guides in exactly the right position. It fits perfectly and I can now get a night’s undisturbed sleep.
XI3voMC.jpg

By the way – I know I could alter the android settings to mute the bleep – but I was determined to solve the problem. 

Crazy – I know – but it amused me for a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

My wife Libby is a serial offender when it comes to remembering to charge her phone each day.  When she does remember, it becomes a case of “find the USB lead”.

To make it easier for her I bought from amazon a Qi Wireless Charging Receiver
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0789FZHXB/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

And an Anker wireless charger
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756Z8X82/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

(Some months ago, on a whim, I bought from Ebay a cheap charger and Qi receiver for my phone, but it proved to be temperamental and I dumped it. This time I bought some better ones which work together a treat).

She then became a serial offender in not placing the phone in the correct position on the charging pad. The bloody phone bleeped all night alongside the bed to announce it was not getting a reliable power connection.

So I rummaged around the garage and found an offcut of 5 mm thick high density fibre board and some offcuts of 15 mm plastic angle. From which I made a holder for the wireless charger with some guides to place the phone in the correct position. It is not a very professional job but cost nothing – I even found an old tin of almost dried out blackboard paint to hide the hot melt glued workmanship

Here is the gadget in all its glory. 

Pk1T7V9.jpg

Here the wireless charges nestles securely in its recess

68Epmfe.jpg

Here the phone sits in its guides in exactly the right position. It fits perfectly and I can now get a night’s undisturbed sleep.
XI3voMC.jpg

By the way – I know I could alter the android settings to mute the bleep – but I was determined to solve the problem. 

Crazy – I know – but it amused me for a couple of hours.

Mine is set to silent mode between 10pm and 8am

9 hours ago, AlanHo said:

what if you were wanted urgently in the night to help with a cat astroffy.

If someone does happen to want me badly, the night mode is set to ring on their third attempt. I would ignore any astroffy to do with cats.