Traffic and School Holidays

AlanHo

I have to cross the A41 in Solihull each morning to buy my morning newspaper. We have lived here for 5 years and during that time the traffic levels have at least doubled.  The A41 is the main road between Solihull and Birmingham and by us is single carriageway.

Last week I was able to cross the road fairly easily (it was half term from schools) - but today it took me 4 to 5 minutes each way to cross the road  - even though being aided by being able to make use of a central refuge in the road dividing the opposing traffic streams.

The traffic is only crawling along at about 10 mph - but the buggers will not stop to let pedestrians across - even though doing so would not cost them any time in such slow traffic.

Today I made particular note of how many cars were taking kids to school at just before 08:00 am - in 4 minutes I counted just three.

Hence I am at a loss to determine why the traffic is so bad when the kids are at school, versus the drastic reduction in the number of  cars on the road at peak times when the kids are on holiday.

Answers in capital letters on a postcard please - the most plausible response will be rewarded by the knowledge that you have made an old and confused pedestrian very happy.

5 hours ago, andsome said:

Why buy comics ??

I enjoy doing all the daily puzzles to keep my brain exercised.

I am addicted to Garfield.

The pieces by Littlejohn and Quentin Letts are brilliant

My wife enjoys all the health and food articles.

The Mail is totally for Brexit

They treat Corbyn with suitable disdain

The sports pages are well presented and just enough.

Mac - their cartoonist - is brilliant.

It's only 70 p and worth every penny.

Everyone is fully entitled to their own ridiculous opinions