Unsubscribing From Unwanted Email Messages

AlanHo

I get a lot of Emails from sites I either no longer have any interest in - or perhaps purchased something from them

A few days ago I decided to whittle them down by unsubscribing from every unwanted Email - by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the message.

Yesterday I unsubscribed from two more - and in both cases a message appeared on the screen saying "We are sorry you are leaving us - you will received no further messages" (or words to that effect)

Fine...But :-

I have just received an Email from one of them saying "We are sorry you decided to cancel our messages and possibly miss out on our regular bargains- if you want to reconsider click HERE to subscribe again". :vibrate::ranting:

I should have added a caveat to my original post. Some Email senders are dumped in my spam and black-listed.

I use the unsubscribe button with care - other wise I might stop getting order confirmations etc from vendors I order from.

Also - when you unsubscribe you are confirming that your Email address is still active - which the unscrupulous could use to their advantage.