From 1 Feb 2003 >

No log book

or reminder form>

No tax disc

No excuses >

see:

www.dvla.gov.uk

:angry: :angry: :angry:

To add to the above from March 1st you will not be able to replace number plates without proof of ID and V5 or V11, various other docs may be acceptable, basically you have to prove who you are and that you own the vehicle

Part of the government car crime initiative :angry:

The following from

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/rnps.htm

Vehicle registration mark of plate to be sold

Customer name

Customer address

Method of purchase (in person, telephone, Internet, mail)

Method of payment and payment details (credit/debit card number or cheque number if appropriate); NB this information will need to be held in a secure and discrete environment.

A traceable number taken from original documents, not copies, presented to the supplier. These would be;

A driver number

A document reference number taken from section D of the Vehicle Registration Document [V5].

In the case of plates fitted to a vehicle referred to a body repairer by an insurer, it is only necessary to record the insurer's reference and policy number.

The acceptable documents for verification of personal details should be:

A current photocard driving licence (preferred); or

Bank/Building Society statement or a recent utility bill with one of the following:-

Current paper driving licence

Passport

Credit/debit card with photograph

Travel pass card with photograph

Foreign national identity card

The acceptable proof of entitlement should be;

Registration Document [V5] preferred. The 11 digit 'document reference number' in Section D should be recorded, or

Certificate of entitlement to a mark [V750], or

Cherished transfer retention document [V778], or

Vehicle Licence Renewal [V11], or

Authorisation slip [V948] from DVLA local office with official DVLA stamp. This will apply when DVLA authorises a customer to buy plates bearing a particular registration mark, e.g. in the case of a cherished transfer, or

A letter of authority from Fleet Operators on company headed note paper with contact details stating that the company holds the Registration Document [V5] and quoting either the document reference number or the vehicle identification number, or

Certificate of Vehicle Registration / temporary export certificate [V379].

the above details to be retained by the no plate supplier for 3 yrs, red tape gone mad :angry:

To Cookie, where I have been mate is to the DVLA website, and they quote:

"Throughout this leaflet, we refer to the V5 vehicle registration document, commonly known as the logbook, simply as the V5."

So there you are. :lol:

I'm sure the criminal element will find a way around it all. And it's us honest people who will get all the agro and it will be us, as usual, who will PAY! PAY! PAY! :angry:

(I never used to be a pessimist but I get tired of costly, anti-crime initiatives which are loudly trumpeted and then fizzle out into nothing - as this will).

Pete

Guest northamuk
I wonder why people call the reg doc the log book as the reg doc isnt a book nor is it a log, its a document with vehicle registration details onĀ  :rolleyes:

So what about Bombay Duck, then? :rolleyes:

Cheese cakeĀ  :huh:

I hate to be a "Pain in the Arse", but in all my recipe books, cheese is definitely included in cheese cake :unsure: :blink: :P

Mr. M.

Hmmmm when I asked my GF why the cheese cake she was eating had no cheese in it she burst out laughing and informed me that I was a plonka :mellow: (tell me somthing i dont know :D :D )