Anyone interested in modern asian pop music?

pewpewmarc

I'm mostly interested in korean, chinese, japanese, thailand, modern pop rock songs. They have a distinct style that is somehow different from western music. I picked up listening to those because of watching their drama shows.

Although I do enjoy music from anywhere in the world too. 😎

Not so much J-pop though I do have a Momoiro Clover Z CD which is OK. I am however a big fan of : Band Maid, Wagakki Band, Ningen Isu and Stereopony. Also like Mongolian bands like The Hu and, Tengger cavalry at least their original lineup. The Americanised version just wasn't the same but with the passing of Nature Ganganbaigal they are now just a memory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Preferred the previous one 🙂

To be honest so do I but Daoko is about as close as my music taste gets to rap, which I generally have little time for. Started OK with Gill Scott-Heron and Public enemy but descended into misogynist crap way too quickly and has there ever been a music genre where the proponents more regularly get shot ?

This is Chinese and to me a bit of a rip off of the Wagakki band, they've even copied the animated character who appeared in earlier Wagakki videos. They do have a redeeming feature in that they're pretty damn good, hope they find their own path.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2022 at 8:06 AM, Belatucadrus said:

To be honest so do I but Daoko is about as close as my music taste gets to rap, which I generally have little time for. Started OK with Gill Scott-Heron and Public enemy but descended into misogynist crap way too quickly and has there ever been a music genre where the proponents more regularly get shot ?

This is Chinese and to me a bit of a rip off of the Wagakki band, they've even copied the animated character who appeared in earlier Wagakki videos. They do have a redeeming feature in that they're pretty damn good, hope they find their own path.  

Nice, this band looks good! I'll check out more of their work... I also don't fancy too much rap, though I do like EDM music like allan walker. 😉