News-night...Soham

Tankus

Anybody see news-night tonight ......

Paxo wound up a Police chief inspector so much that he pulled his mike off in the middle of an interview ......and walked off set ....

It was over the Soham trails, lack of communications between different police forces and how Huntley had been pulled up (but never charged due to lack of evidence ), over at least 10 possible rapes and underage sex in Grimsby ......This info was not passed on till 2 weeks later to the Soham police , after Huntley went on prime time , an was recognised by a former victim ...

The problem was due to two conflicting laws , one , the Data protection act , which means that if a person is not charged or convicted the personal info should not be held on file . The other , anti serious sex crime act that the info should be kept.....at the Police forces discretion ......

Basically everyone is blaming the senior copper , who I must admit did not handle himself very well under Paxo , He looked a political appointment , not your hard arsed up through the ranks ,Ive seen it all type....

I cant help the feeling that the Police are pussyfooting more than they used to for fear, of our increasing no win , no loss litigational society....

Its hampering their work...............

George Orwell could be wrong?

Not a police inspector even but the Chief Constable of North Humberside.

I have a strong suspicion that his days in that position are now very few. Acting the way this man did with Paxo (or any other interviewer) is equivalent to committing suicide.

His whole demeanour reminded me strongly of Superintendent Mullett in Frost so, yes I agree, he looked very much like a political appointment or, perhaps, he was an aunt Sally specifically put in that position when the darker powers of our leadership knew very well that something like this was to be revealed.

Note is it only us, the public, that has been kept in the dark about this huge cockup on the part of the authorities. It has been known about by the police and the media for a long time but we were kept in ignorance by reporting restrictions and of prejudice of court proceedings.

Yet another example of the powers-that-be of this country producing the most foul stink to go alongside the countless other similar cases, exemplified recntly by that other huge cockup and waste of time and money - our money - the Burrell case. The problem with this one is that two genuinely innocent lives were lost. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've just learned that the interview was pre-recorded. Now, under normal circumstances faux pas like that would have been edited out. As it wasn't, I feel that reinforces my idea that David Westwood is a "sacificial lamb".

Even more :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The data protection act has a lot to answer for, especially in this case. The civil liberties people go way over the top at times. We all like to feel free, but have to learn to put up with quite a lot of intrusion if we are to be safe. Personally I am quite happy to give up a certain amount of liberty, in the interests of the community as a whole.

The data protection act has a lot to answer for, especially in this case.  The civil liberties people go way over the top at times.  We all like to feel free, but have to learn to put up with quite a lot of intrusion if we are to be safe.  Personally I am quite happy to give up a certain amount of liberty, in the interests of the community as a whole.

Bang on Andsome ;) No wonder they say you are a genius of epic proportions. This country is to fond of playing the PC game. Sod our rights to privacy, what about our rights to live safely!?!?

Note is it only us, the public, that has been kept in the dark about this huge cockup on the part of the authorities. It has been known about by the police and the media for a long time but we were kept in ignorance by reporting restrictions and of prejudice of court proceedings.

Its a hard line to follow ....

I was thinking that while the trail was on his defence would use the medias obsessive interest with him before and after charging would prejudiced the trail against him ....

Its a defence that I would have used .....

How ever it turns out the media were aware of a lot more of his history and were actively tipping of the police ........

It should not be left to each Polices body's heads own personal discretion what should or should not be retained ....But laid down in black and white legislation , consistent throughout the whole country .......

Perhaps an FBI for the UK ...?