Anybody fancy a free IBM computer

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grim Reaper

surely it would have to be a hardware thing....after all, i could simply put in a different hard drive, format and load xp and hey presto, a cheap pc (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COURSE OF ACTION NOT CONDONE ANYONE THAT TAKES THIS ACTION)

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
surely it would have to be a hardware thing....after all, i could simply put in a different hard drive, format and load xp and hey presto, a cheap pc (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COURSE OF ACTION NOT CONDONE ANYONE THAT TAKES THIS ACTION)

Even more sure it will be a software thing....where user #2059 doesn't comply with viewing the appropriate ads...user #2059 has to relinquish their "free" pc to 2 burly blokes in black suits....the "repo guys"

Why not just view the ads....For the sake of a few minutes ads per whatever for a FREE PC......goddamn tightwads..

You crack me up you summat-for-nothing-types...christ do you have NO dignity???!!!!! LOL

• 1 month later...
Guest Lived Backwards
The British firm Metronomy is planning to ship its 'free' PCs to customers who signed up for the offer in December. In an email to customers, Metronomy details how users need to cancel one month before the shipping date if they no longer wish to take part in the offer. Otherwise, customers sign up for three years, but can simply return their PC within 14 days of delivery if they're not happy. The main catch is that users must watch adverts that fill the screen for 60 seconds every 20 minutes. Metronomy will mail customers a CD containing the adverts every month which will need to be loaded onto the PC. Users must be connected to the internet at least once a month, and must maintain an ISP account throughout the term of the agreement (3 years).

According to the email I personally recieved participants should expect to recieve their computers between the 15th - 25th April. It wasn't specified if this will be the case for all customers. The offer is still open to applicants.

source

Guest Blink_182_fan

i read over that and i rly dont fink its a good idea but it mite be a gud idea for some1 who wud hardly ever use the computer. i would probaly forget to update the computer by the cd u get and as it says the pc would be disabled