Updates

Hi madboy33â„¢ ;) ,

Could you be more specific on the updates? I ask because I had trouble with a Processor update a few months ago and the only way around it was to install manually. It kept failing to install for me.

Do you use Windows Update? If so are the updates logged as failed within "View Installation History"?

Have you updated all the Windows Update Software as it becomes available??? I had an update a few days ago...

I don't think that the rebooting will make much difference, as you will restart at some time or another...

;)

My computer is set for automatic windows updates and I've never had any problems with it. But earlier this evening, up popped the little message - "two critical updates for you" - OK, I said, and left it to it. A liitle later I hovered over the icon - 52% complete - a short time later the icon had disappeared. Don't know what happened but I didn't get my usual "updates complete" message. I'll do as Scarthy suggests and check the installation history. :blink:

Windows Security Update 810833 would repair a flaw that could allow an attacker to gain control over my PC if I were using it as a server.

Security Update 329170 would protect against a flaw that could help internal hackers take control of my corporate network.

Hmm.....perhaps we don't need these updates as they seem to be for servers and corporate networks. Might be something to do with the worldwide internet slowdown etc the other week.

Only guessing.